iGECCO 2021 - Call for Papers
Call for Papers
INTERACTIVE METHODS @ GECCO (iGECCO 2021)
2021 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2021)
July 10th-14th, Online-only Conference
Organized by ACM SIGEVO
Deadline for this workshop: April 12th, 2021
Aim and Scope
As nature-inspired methods have evolved, it has become clear that optimising towards a quantified fitness function is not always feasible, particularly where part or all of the evaluation of a candidate solution is inherently subjective. This is particularly the case when applying search algorithms to problems such as the generation of art and music. In other more traditional application areas, optimising to a fitness function might result in a highly optimal solution that is not well suited to implementation in the real world. Incorporating human expertise into the optimisation process can yield useful results in both examples, and accordingly the work on interactive optimisation methods has matured in recent years. This workshop will provide an outlet for interactive optimisation research for the GECCO audience. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Interactive generation of solutions.
* Interactive evaluation of solutions.
* Psychological aspects of interactive optimisation methods.
* Multi- and many-objective optimisation with interactive optimisation methods.
* Machine learning approaches within interactive optimisation methods.
* Novel applications of interactive optimisation methods.
We invite papers of up to 8 pages presenting novel developments in one or more of these areas, or other areas relevant to interactive optimisation. We are particularly keen to invite submissions that might form the basis of demonstrations in the workshop.
* Paper submission opens: 11th February 2021
* Paper submission deadline: 12th April 2021
* Notification of acceptance: 26th April 2021
* Final papers due: 3rd May 2021
* Author registration deadline: 3rd May 2021
* GECCO workshops (exact iGECCO date TBC): 10th and 11th July 2021
Each accepted submission will be presented orally (pre-recorded version of the talk) at the workshop and distributed in the workshop proceedings to all GECCO attendees. Authors should follow the format of the GECCO manuscript style; further details are available at https://gecco-2021.sigevo.org/Paper-Submission-Instructions. Manuscripts should not exceed 8 pages (excluding references). Papers should be submitted at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/gecco/. Acceptance to the workshop will be based on peer review of submitted papers.