Call for Papers
Aim and ScopeAs nature-inspired methods have evolved, it has become clear that optimising towards a quantified fitness function is not always feasible, particularly where part or all of the evaluation of a candidate solution is inherently subjective. This is particularly the case when applying search algorithms to problems such as the generation of art and music. In other cases, optimising to a fitness function might result in a highly optimal solution that is not well suited to implementation in the real world. Incorporating a human into the optimisation process can yield useful results in both examples, and as such the work on interactive evolutionary algorithms (IEAs) has matured in recent years. This proposed workshop will provide an forum for this research for the GECCO audience. Particular topics of interest are:
- Interactive generation of solutions.
- Interactive evaluation of solutions.
- Psychological aspects of IEAs.
- Multi- and many-objective optimisation with IEAs.
- Machine learning approaches within IEAs.
- Novel applications of IEAs.
- Paper submission opens: 27th February 2019
- Paper submission deadline: 3rd April 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 17th April 2019
- Final papers due: 24th April 2019
- GECCO workshops (exact iGECCO date TBC): 13th and 14th July 2019
SubmissionEach accepted submission will be presented orally at the workshop and distributed in the workshop proceedings to all GECCO attendees. Authors should follow the format of the GECCO manuscript style; further details are available here. Manuscripts should not exceed 8 pages (excluding references). Papers should be submitted here. Acceptance to the workshop will be based on peer review of submitted papers.
More information is available at the iGECCO website: http://igecco.blogspot.com/
For further information, please contact David Walker: email@example.com